Thursday 17 April 2008

Two Worlds Collide!



There are many things I love doing. High on the list to this things I love to do is eating (Almost the same league as breathing air... )

As some of you know, I am on my photography phase once again...

So I had an idea! How can I merge these two loves into holy matrimony! How can these two worlds be combined!

But before that... a little backgrounder.

When I was about 4 or 5 or maybe 6... I can't remember exactly when, but my Mom always reminded me to to ask questions. No matter how tough or stupid it may have sounded, I was encouraged to ask.

As time moved on, many an interesting thing happened to me... my voice changed, I had hair growing in places, gone to school, met other people, gone to school... All of these things driving me towards a strange little thing called adulthood. I grew, changed and had become what I would stereotypically cast as an Asian.

Now this may read controversial, but the "standard" Asian mind works this way...

Don't ask, just do. Come to think of it, the Nike campaign could have been written by an Asian... "Just Do It!"

Anyway, back to my point... As I grew older... I asked less questions.

Now, back to my even earlier point...I needed to feed my photography addiction a bit more... I needed to feed my "passion". In my experience, feeding my passion meant putting my wallet on a diet...

But being the true cheapo... my inner voice was whispering... "follow your Mom..."

So following my inner voice, mother's wishes and believing on her superior wisdom... Low and behold, the Generic Asian mustered up the courage and walked up to a total stranger and asked them... "How would you like it if I take a photograph their restaurant."

Low and behold! Ladies and gentlemen..... She said... "Are OK to shoot on Sunday? I will prepare 5 to six dishes and you can shoot in my restaurant for about 3-4 hours no charge."

Yummy!!!

I did it.. I had become my mothers child once again!

By the way, the food is good here too!


p.s. photos to follow... I am sleepy already : (

No comments: