Saturday 26 April 2008

Organization and organizing


I recently attended a meeting of like minded folks talking about banding together to form an organization to support, in my mind, the development of their individual photographic talents to its fullest.

The meeting went on and many views were exchanged and at the end of it all a concensus was formed and a set of rules and a group of indivuduals emerged as the guiding force who will be behind the building of this organization, to the benefit of the group.

What amazes me is not that we had accomplished this task in a couple of hours, but the fact that the group, people who hardly new each other, found the need to organize themselves.

I guess as this group becomes better organized, it is believed that their respective skills would improve as a consequence of this action.


Moving back to photography.

My digital photographs work right now is as organized as my processed film files.

To help you visualise, think about close to a thousand rolls of film 135, 120s... and just shovel them into a big brown carton box.

What struck me was key to developing my skill as a photographer is to find a way to get better organized.

In todays digital world, this should not be too difficult. But then again, I was never known for my organizational skills.

I am as what they say...

A person who likes taking the bull by the horn!


------

the Generic Asian

No comments: