Saturday 19 April 2008

Of MP3s and men!

I really enjoy having my Ipod. Its like a really good friend to me.

Its been a friend to the Generic Asian's family for the last couple of years... Its always been on my side, except for the time I sent to Apple for repairs which took them a full 3 days.


For no apparent reason yesterday, my Ipod just stopped working. It has stopped.

This made me think a bit more about why I took its photo not so long ago.

I was really taking its photo as a challenge to a topic on an internet forum that I had been following lately.

Let's just say it was a bit of a shallow reason to photograph something as mundane as an old outdated Ipod, but now that it has crashed and I presume past its life expectancy, I find that the photograph has a few new meaning to me.

I won't go onto what loving memories the Ipod has brought back, but needless to say the photograph of my Ipod is jam packed full of memories.

Now this leads me to my world of photography.

As of April 19, 2008, I now have about 85 - 100 gigs of photographs and maybe about the equivalent of it in color negatives. Now, not all of these photographs are memories of past that may have any special meaning to me now...

Again, not all these are photographs that may have no meaning to me NOW.

In 5, 10 or even 50 years, I cannot begin but wonder what sort of memories my photographs will bring.

But in this age of MP3s and digital photography, will I even be able to access these digital photos? Will my children, my grand children and my great grand children be able to access these memories? Will they even want to access these images?

Only time will tell.


- the Generic Asian -

No comments: