Friday 27 June 2008

Blogger, wordpress and the wonderful world of the internet

It been 3 days plus a couple of hours now that I have spent looking reading surfing and just finding out how I can build a "better" website that I will like and that I can effectively be able to use, manage and organize properly.

I am not a tech geek, however I do know how to use computers and many other techie stuff. But I feel like fish out of water when it comes to blogging and making websites.

The wonderful world of the internet, the final resting place of all useful information, has proven to be quite a difficult space to navigate. I must say after spending all this time researching, I am more confused than ever!

If you do not want or have the means to spend on hiring a web designer or a website developer, I think we have pretty much narrowed down our options to two choices.

Blogger.com and Wordpress.org

Blogger.com is great! I seem to be able to use it and its by Google. That's the reason why this blog is here.

It just does not have the coolness factor which I am looking for, but hey it works! It might not be a Blogger.com limitation. It could be just me.

Then there is Wordpress. I like the message on the first page on the website http://wordpress.org/. (If you click on the article title, it links you to the website too!!!)

and I quote

"WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it."

I like that and the templates are just cool from the get go...

We'll see how it works out. But for now Blogger.com is for me. Wordpress.... well let's just say it a work in progress... and its not Wordpress I am talking about. : )


---------------------


the Generic Asian

No comments: